What are you playing now?

I know a ton of people who think Diablo 2 was better than 3.

Doesn't answer my question. How this kind of thing usually goes is people who were really into the previous one, don't like the sequel as much. If you never played the previous and got a chance to play both, you almost always like the newer one, unless it is truly actually worse.

Doesn't answer my question. How this kind of thing usually goes is people who were really into the previous one, don't like the sequel as much. If you never played the previous and got a chance to play both, you almost always like the newer one, unless it is truly actually worse.
Some say it's truly worse, others say it was too long and nostalgia kicks in. Idk, I'm not a Diablo fan at all so can't really comment much except what I've heard.

I picked up Oblivion and I am modding it like crazy in prep for playing Skyrim. Also picked up the Assassins Creed series for cheap and Homefront ( have not even loaded either yet) - the older games are really available for cheap. 1/3 the way done on the enhanced GOTY first Witcher game - so will pick up Witcher 2 soon as well.

I do have a question on Oblivion- I am a dark elf- thief, witch hunter - now at level 6. Trying to figure out the whole level up stuff ( pick three areas to improve on for each level up from +1 to +5 ). Apparently you don't get XP for killing stuff. So, what determines the +1 to + 5 in each of the categories? Do I just practice in an area more before each level up ( ie certain type of spells) to get a better + 1 to +5 on the next level up? Also even though I trained with the armorer 5 times I cant get to "journeyman level" so I cant fix maintain some of my best weapons.

In Oblivion you have to level up your "major" skills to make your level meter go up.

The top ones.
ScreenShot4.jpg

As for the +1 to +5 I think it all depends on how much you use a certain skill to rank your character up. Now sure though as I didn't really pay attention. As for training, you can only train 5 times per level.

I trained in Armor 5 times in Chorryl ( spell) - it says 5/5 but it wont let me become Journeyman- why not?

I trained in Armor 5 times in Chorryl ( spell) - it says 5/5 but it wont let me become Journeyman- why not?
5/5 is the amount of times you trained for your current level (you can't train in anything else either), journeyman is when you reach 50+.

Tried playing Killing Floor. Not a fan of zombie games, trying to figure this out.

A-ha... you can only train 5 times in any one level, but the training from other people doesn't seem to help you much, actually training yourself by conjuring a skeleton and letting him hit you and then fixing your own armor, then killing him by hand to hand or blade or bow levels up those skills - weird game in that way. I am a little behind in all this I think this game was popular like 3-4 years ago. The mods are neat - dialog from the enemies your fighting is irritating in a way = your destroying them and they keep yelling at you like they are winning....

A-ha... you can only train 5 times in any one level, but the training from other people doesn't seem to help you much, actually training yourself by conjuring a skeleton and letting him hit you and then fixing your own armor, then killing him by hand to hand or blade or bow levels up those skills - weird game in that way. I am a little behind in all this I think this game was popular like 3-4 years ago. The mods are neat - dialog from the enemies your fighting is irritating in a way = your destroying them and they keep yelling at you like they are winning....
Pretty much what I just said, unless you were replying to the information I posted lol. Try 6 years ago, Oblivion is quite old now. Anyways, yea any time you repair anything it raises the same increment in armorer no matter what you are repairing or what level your skill is at. So just go out, fight, and repair. Make sure you have a lot of hammers though. I almost never use training in any TES game because if you simply go out and play it does it quicker without the 5 limit per level.

This fact broke the game for me. I can't play a game where it is more efficient to do boring crap like that than to actually play the game.

Back
Top Bottom