were these threats serious?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsimoneau

Beta member
Well i guess i didnt do too bad concidering ive had this computer for more then a year without any serious protection, but after it started acting funny i used an online virus scanner to do a checkup, this is what it came up with:

C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\L0S0XZ23\goldfever_com[1].htm
HTML/ScrInject.B.Gen virus
deleted - quarantined
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\dwm.exe
a variant of Win32/Kryptik.IIT trojan
cleaned by deleting - quarantined
C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\svchost.exe
a variant of Win32/Kryptik.IJE trojan cleaned by deleting - quarantined
C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\shell.exe
Win32/Cycbot.AB trojan
C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lajjsrwn.default\prefs.js
Win32/Agent.RQD.Gen trojan
Operating memory
a variant of Win32/Kryptik.IKP trojan
contained infected files

sorry for the wall of text, thats how it keeps poping up from the text file

I would somehow treat all viruses or harmful software as somewhat serious in the sense that to completely remove it from my system before it infects anything else. With that being said, follow Abstracts post, better to get those stuff clean up and -totally out- of your system than to think it's gone but still leave traces behind.

As Jo said, all infections are serious. They redirect the software from its intended purpose and has it operate in the purpose that it wants. No infection is ever safe and they should all be treated like we treat spammers on this site. With the utmost disdain and gotten rid of faster than you can blink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom