Weird loud noise????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan666

In Runtime
Whenever i start up a game, a loud squeeky noise appears for no reason. I think its my video card but im just wondering if its something else. Does anyone know about this problem??

jono199

In Runtime
It could be a fan, when you put more pressure on your graphics card it may well decide to turn up its 'im a little bastard' fan.

They can be quiet loud. They should be torn asunder and replaced with nice Coolermaster or Zalman things.

Frosty cool and quiet.

Satan666

In Runtime
the video card doesnt have a fan and i open my case to listen what it is and its very hard where its coming from.

chog

In Runtime
Satan666 said:
Would inserting a video card wrong make that noise???

No, only things I can think it to be are hard drive(which would not only do it when a game is playing but all the time), power supply(would do it all the time like the hard drive), fan (which if its a case fan should be spinning all the time), or your CD drive (which makes the most sense but only if your putting in a CD to play the game).

CHeck those things and let us know how it goes.

Satan666

In Runtime
I have no fans at all, my 500watt power supply doesnt seem its making that noise, no cd's, shouldnt be the hdd because it wasnt like this before. Weird stuff :/

Status
Not open for further replies.