Webcam Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klope3

Baseband Member
I just need some really basic but quality webcam software. I just bought a new laptop that has a webcam, but the software that comes with it seems to be really bad. When you set the program to "record," the framerate of the resulting video is half that of the preview!

Is this normal? If so, I don't understand--if the webcam can receive images at a certain rate when the computer is not saving them to a file, then why shouldn't it be able to make a saved video file at the same framerate?

It seems to me like just a problem with the program's efficiency. Can anyone recommend some good webcam software? All I need it to do is record video and save it to a file.

Thanks for that, but I was more asking if anyone knew right away of such a program. Sure, I can download 15 different programs to maybe find a good one, but it would be more convenient if someone has prior knowledge that they could share with me.

If someone had an answer they would have posted it already. 90% of the people who have webcams either use the built in software or use it with programs list Skype. They are not using it to record themselves, at least not with a built in webcam that has a very low resolution and MP rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom