Web programing!

Mare11

Baseband Member
Hello folks! I am interested in web programing all tho I don't know much about.
I am looking for best way to learn it. Basically one day I want to be able to create full working web site . My skill of programing is basic, over 2 years of studying in school to solove mathematical problems (basic + advanced ) in console apps ( C/C++) and we recently started making Windows Forms in C# . So my question is : Could anyone share method how to learn ( order of languages for ex : HTML,PHP,CSS,Java Script, .... , Which one is most common and which should I master most.. ) and some good web sites and videos to learn ? Also is there anyone here how know more about web design I was wondering in what program do you draw site (PS, Illustrator) and is there any good tutorials on that ?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Learn to code | Codecademy is a good place to start

As for what languages...depends on what you want to do. Are you wanting to make mainly static pages? Straight up HTML5/CSS/JavaScript would be good.

If you're wanting to process data or have the server do backend work for you...then you'll have to combine HTML/CSS/JS with either PHP or C# (or any VB.nET...but since you already are learning C#, might as well sitck with that). The server processing will have to have a webserver running such as IIS (for ASP.NET pages using .NET Framework languages). Since you're already learning C#...you might as well stick with that and learn ASP.NET websites.

As for design applications... PhotoShop and/or Illustrator for paid applications... GIMP or Paint.NET for free. For tutorials...literally just google "<name of program> <thing you want to do> tutorial" and tons of tutorials should pop up.

Back
Top Bottom