Visiability of computers in a home network

LoraIlieva

Beta member
Hi! I have some questions about my home network.
I have two computers (A and B, for example) connected with a router. Both run Windows 7. In Windows Explorer/Network for Computer A, however there is only one computer - A. Computer B doesn't show there. No Network Interfaces show either. However, when I go to Network And Sharing Center and click see full map both computers show. ipconfig /all shows that both computers have IPs from different networks. On the other hand, though I can ping Computer B's IP. Ping works the other way around too.
So why are two computers, that are physically connected with the same router not in the same network and don't have similar IPs? Also why can't I see Computer B from Computer A's Windows Explorer/Network?

Im thinking they can probably see each other through the router, but arent connected through windows network center. When you install windows it gives you a "home network code" that you'd use to connect the windows network in different computers.

For example, if your code on computer A was 1234567890 but on computer B it was 0987654321 they wouldnt be trying to connect to each other, they'd be trying to connect to different networks.

Do you want to share files between them I assume? if so, go to control panel/network and internet/homegroups then creat a home group and select what you want to share, it will give you a password, write it down, then on the next computer go to homegroups, but join one, not create and enter that password and they should recognize each other

Back
Top Bottom