Video games and violence

Violoence makes me want to play video games. When ever I go out bum beating I have this insatiable urge to play pokemon and Mario Kart

You guys are all hitting the nail on the head. I think the energy spent on trying to fix the "issue" with video games would be much better spent elsewhere. Lets look at where the problems really lie and not just come up with lazy, irresponsible excuses.

Last edited:
Its just like banning guns that will ensure only bad people have them what we need to do is go back to actually raising our kids teahing them right from wrong. And maybe try to focus on people that need menatl health care. Eve if you do all that these things will still happen from time to time some people are just bad people there have been monsters throught out all of human history

That stuff happens almost monthly in China, except the crazy's in China break into kindergartens with knives and axes and stab and behead the little kids.... WTF has this world come to?

They need to start research on a real-world Minority Report crime prevention system. This is probably going to bunch some panties, but I really think that if the perpetrator does not kill themselves, they should be executed publically the next day in the community. Either that or they need to spend the rest of their lives as scientific experiments or doing hard labor. At least that way they are contributing to society instead of sitting in a padded cell.

I agree with the punishment but you cant punish people for things they havent done that goes against everything this country was founded on. Not that our current goverment isnt going against it but that is a bit far

How are they honestly going to try and crack down on violent games. Games dont kill people. People kill people. Because of the connecticut incident they are going to try and relate that guy playing COD with other crimes. For one that guy had mental issues and for one should not have been allowed to buy or play those games anyways by his mother. The games sold to the public come with warnings to the violence that is in the game.

It's just the same rehashed excuses and scapegoats every time...guns made him do it, games made him do it, rock music made him do it, movies and tv's made him do it...how about simply, "The guy is a nut job and he did it, the end."

It just cracks me up how pathetic people some people are. I'm not this pro-gun activist or anything like that, but it amazes me how many people blame guns and groups like the NRA over the actions of a handful of idiots. The wacko in China did the same thing with a blade...Timothy McVeigh did it with explosives...9/11 was hijacked planes...the list goes on and on. Maybe if society stops spending so much time pointing fingers in and treating certain things like a witch hunt then we can start focusing on actual, real ways in looking to help prevent things like this by noticing early on when people have mental/psychological issues and addressing those, rather than blaming rock music for it.

Back
Top Bottom