Use Caffeine To Keep Your PC Awake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Use Caffeine To Keep Your PC Awake

I'm normally the one who needs two fresh cups of coffee every morning before I start my usual routine of checking emails, comments and statistics of my online empire (hrhr) but the analogy of the software Caffeine is quite tempting.
Computers can go to sleep as well as we all know. They can fire up a screensaver or go to sleep by turning off the monitor completely and Caffeine is a software that can prevent this from happening by simulating a keystroke every 59 seconds.
The default value can be changed to a keystroke every x seconds instead. To prevent problems with running applications the software simulates a shift-down, shift-up keystroke in Windows 98 and a shift-down keystroke in Windows XP and 2000.
The software has a size of only 11 Kilobytes and could be useful if your computer falls asleep every now and then. On the other hand the sleep and screensaver intervals can be changed as well or turned off. Still nice to have a coffee cup sitting in the system tray.
And then there is the possibility of the drinking bird that presses a key for you just like Homer did in the King-Size Homer episode of the Simpsons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom