USB modems and windows professional 64-bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonsey22

Solid State Member
Ive been reading about lots of people having problems installing USB ADSL modems on computers with windows professional x64 but I cant seem to find one good article on what modems do have 64-bit drivers.

Can anyone offer me any advice on which USB modems which do support 64-bit windows?

Ive heard certain ethernet devices do is this true? If so which ones?

Thanks for any help guys :)

Damn its pretty poor. I had phone up the the technical support when I tried installing the modem I got with my Tiscali broadband package. I ended up speaking to some woman in India who had no idea of what she was talking about. She told me that I needed to upgrade to a 128-bit version of windows! I told her id just get in my time machine and go and get one!

I did email them and they told me that the sagem modem they use doesnt support windows x64 yet! bah

So I went to my local computer shop which I used to consider fairly good as they werent the average highstreet chain. I told them what I needed and they sold me an ADSL modem which they said would support windows x64. Once again I think they had no idea and just flogged me somthing which they thought might possibly be compatible! Bloody useless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom