[Urgent] Windows Can't Boot And Can't Recover. Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kioak

Beta member
Hey guys, I was installing a game everything went perfectly fine. Than during the install my anti-virus detected something during the install. I ignored it thinking it was okay, then my computer restarted and can't boot to windows and now windows recovery comes up.

Window's Startup recovery failed and so did the system restore. So, I took it out but in an external and ran anti-virus software (AVG + Malwarebytes) it removed the infections. I also did a chkdsk /f and when I popped it back in my desktop the same problem happen again.

Is there any software I can use to fix this problem? I really don't want to reinstall windows on it since I have a lot of data that I want to keep and probably not enough space for "windows old" folder to be created.

Well you might be in some trouble. After re-reading your post again I see you put it in an external enclosure and ran scans. Even after putting it back it wont boot. So really without it being able to boot there isnt to many options.

Hit F8 and get the Advanced Boot Menu, the one that gives you Safe Mode. Does selecting Last Know Boot Configuration do anything?

Fixed! Just had to do

BOOTREC /FIXMBR

BOOTREC /FIXBOOT

In the windows "repair computer" command prompt installation CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom