*Unverified* Fermi benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Someone posts nvidia card stuff*

"NOPE NOP NOPE NOT GONNA HAPPEN LAWLS FAKE FAKE FAKE"

*Someone posts ati card stuff*

"OMGOMOMGOGM I'M GONNA TOUCH MYSELF"

i sense something wrong with this situation :|

I noticed the opposite happening actually. How many pages of people acting like unverified fermi info is the second coming and then I get a bit of info on the new ati card and there are 3 posts. I think there is a word for that....

I noticed the opposite happening actually. How many pages of people acting like unverified fermi info is the second coming and then I get a bit of info on the new ati card and there are 3 posts. I think there is a word for that....

*Sigh* Why we cant just all get along and hope for the best :big_grin:

farcry2.png

from the XS thread
The GT300/Fermi Thread - Page 54 - XtremeSystems Forums

and
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GF100_Fermi_Architecture/1.html

Furme?

I'm getting pretty excited to see this card's release (and it's freakin price tag:(). Those are nice scores, if it's trueeee.

The architecture is pretty interesting and unorthodox. Looks like they decided to take the high road and force the design. I wouldn't have done that, but hey, that's just me.

At least it's a completely new design.

completely new doesn't imply better. Although you bring a good point, most people thought/assumed/feared whatever, that they were sitting on their ***es and just trying to make a really big GT200. I like the boost in geometry performance. IMO model detail has been lagging behind for some time now, and although post processing effects and better shaders help to mask that, there is still an underlying lack of detail. In a lot of modern games things like plates and barrels are still low poly and I find that unacceptable.

Furme?

I'm getting pretty excited to see this card's release (and it's freakin price tag:(). Those are nice scores, if it's trueeee.

i'm sure as the performance goes up so will the price tag and with how things have been going i'm sure it'll still be behind ati in the price : performance ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom