Unless you search it out, you're not likely to come across a PC that comes with Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Unless you search it out, you're not likely to come across a PC that comes with L

i like Ubuntu ok, still found it hard to do much outside of clicking icons in the desktop menus. learning curve is one thing, but kinda hard to get motivated to do something i already learned in windows. what got me first time i used Linux was the names of applications. like Gimp, i was thinking...a hobbled application? lol, very odd names indeed that didnt clue me in on what it was till i tried. though windows its either Microsoft this or Windows that, its intent is certain. OSX has some sleek catchy names like "time machine".

Re: Unless you search it out, you're not likely to come across a PC that comes with L

i like Ubuntu ok, still found it hard to do much outside of clicking icons in the desktop menus. learning curve is one thing, but kinda hard to get motivated to do something i already learned in windows. what got me first time i used Linux was the names of applications. like Gimp, i was thinking...a hobbled application? lol, very odd names indeed that didnt clue me in on what it was till i tried. though windows its either Microsoft this or Windows that, its intent is certain. OSX has some sleek catchy names like "time machine".

:laughing: Linux isn't Windows. I know you know that, but don't expect it to act like Windows, or else why would there even be motiviation to leave Windows long enough to try anything else to begin with. I think of it as a challenge that hopefully will pay off just by putting some time in with it. I personally think it will be worth it since I won't have to wait for updates every other day or twice a day....

GIMP=graphic image manipulation program

that's one thing about linux it is usually very literal, direct, and to the point......written by geeks for geeks, at least early in its history

once you learn linux it makes most other OS's trite in comparison.........helps teach you about the multitude of sins hidden in other OS's like windows that's for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom