Uncle Torrence is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I don't see how this even became a discussion. As Trotter said, common sense is all that is needed. It's completely obvious when someone is referring to piracy and the word torrent doesn't even need to be mentioned. I support this move. I wasn't on these forums for a while and came back and saw a lot of reference to "Uncle Torrence" and was surprised at how lax the management was about it. I thought for sure it was against the rules, but didn't see it being stopped.

Anyway...it's just a smart move as something could easily come back to bite the management in the butt if stuff is allowed.

Am I allowed to mention Uncle Akhmed? Its not pirating, he kicks down people's doors, and robs them. Its completely different from what Uncle Torrence does.

LOL i find this super hilarious because i've been given infractions for making references to pirating and when i brought up the subject of how people talk about torrenting i was told it was allowed as long as it was said in a none-direct way.........now you're finally getting to the point that saying uncle torrence is basically the same :p :p :p :p

IN YOUR FACES :p

I forgot who started it anyways.

I think it was me!! Oh no!

haha, I'm totally taking credit for coining the name, (although I'm not sure who started adding 'Uncle' as a prefix) I'm engraved in the dark corner of tech-forums' history and mythology :D but now the dream is dead :( and understandably so, I'll totally respect the new rules

on a side note: It's really fun reading old posts; we were still trying to predict what the 8800GT performance would be like, or being hopeful that an X1950 Pro will run Crysis on max at 30 fps (based on something a developer said) lol

It's no secret, b1gapl (god i miss that guy) game up with the idea for getting a ufamisim for torrents and torrence was thought up but I am at a total loss who came up with the uncle prefix.

Did you read my post? In case you missed it, I'll repeat what I said.

In the case of Ubuntu, which is a very good point btw, I downloaded it off of a torrent due to the fact Ubuntu's servers came to a crawl when it was released. +1 for Torrents.

Long Live Uncle Torrence.

Yes. But if you havent read my posts or Trotters you will see that legal stuff can still be discussed. As mentioned several times already. ;)

Yes. But if you havent read my posts or Trotters you will see that legal stuff can still be discussed. As mentioned several times already. ;)

Watches as a vein begins to bulge from a mods head.*

Runs and hides.*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom