two different user id for the same person

Status
Not open for further replies.

hgd7833

Beta member
Hello every one.

I have a question for all of you. I am a member in a forum, and i had two different user id. Then it seems that a moderator there noticed that both ID has the same IP number, i lied to him and told him that it's me and my neighbor and we both use the same IP internet since he doesn't have an internet. But, he then told a few days later that out posts are coming from the same computer machine !! so your story of two different persons is false and you must be the same person.

Actually, I didn't want to lie but i wanted to avoid any kind of penalty or being banned. I was wondering, can he possibly know if two posts are coming from the same computer machine ???
He also send emails to both id email addresses and i replied to both of them. So is it possible that he figured out from the emails ?

The problem is over now and i learned a heavy lesson, but i just wanted to know for my curiosity.

Thanks

You can tell the IP, if you look at the header of the email it shows to exchange server the email came from - it won't show the PC though.

You and your neighbour clearly don't use the same external IP address. Every external IP address is unique (just like an internal LAN address). The moderator could easily check via IP address or even MAC address (if they are using SPI) to find out if you're using the same computer for both accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom