Top Line Video Card Laggin up Doom 3... Help..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm just going to buy a pc thats already built. Building one myself will cost more money, time and stress. I am not a computer guru so 1 mistake could easily kill my system.

I've always bought my pc at Best Buy and I've just relized that.. blah... depressing...

So.. Alienware is out of my range and I have around $2000 to spend. suggestions? Thanks in advance

I think less money spent, for a better computer would cause you less stress, with $2000 you could buy an awesome copmuter. Look at mine = $1070

if you have dual monitors on your frame rate dies. but not sure if ati cards have that problem.

I have and X800 Pro and have major Doom3 lag problems even after Catalyst 4.9 and the other tweaks mentioned around the net. My settings are 1024x768, High graphics, 2xAA, and no AF. I am so mad because I bought this card that is either crap or there just isn't driver support for these graphics intensive games. To all people who suggested I get this card, WHAT GOOD IS A HIGH 3DMARK03 SCORE WHEN YOU CAN'T PLAY GAMES AT A DECENT FRAMERATE?

duel monitors, will significantly slow down any gpu. <-- i think thats wat u were asking, u wernt very clear?

its like using 2 display adapters at the same time, bandwidth will be split between them.

beedubaya said:
I have and X800 Pro and have major Doom3 lag problems even after Catalyst 4.9 and the other tweaks mentioned around the net. My settings are 1024x768, High graphics, 2xAA, and no AF. I am so mad because I bought this card that is either crap or there just isn't driver support for these graphics intensive games. To all people who suggested I get this card, WHAT GOOD IS A HIGH 3DMARK03 SCORE WHEN YOU CAN'T PLAY GAMES AT A DECENT FRAMERATE?

so its either your HDD or memory. try no AA and see what happens

he only put it on 2xAA, shouldnt make a huge diff. i dont know the ati options, but if he had it on for example.. 8x, that might do something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom