video card help

mr.birdy

Baseband Member
HP Pavilion p6310f Desktop PC Product Specifications HP Pavilion p6310f Desktop PC | HP® Support
^^my computer

plus i added a 7950
700w psu and new tower
on all win7 64bit and all hardware has latest drivers

so i dont think my video card is installed properly
why i think that?
cpuz
windows system specs
and 3dmark

all show video card ram as 1mb yes...thats correct 1mb and cpuz even goes as far as to say its a negative number(my video card has 3gb)

now my mobo has a onboard chipset.but there is no real way to disable it as far as i can tell.you just go under bios set primary video device to XX and thats really all my options

..now here is where things get wierd.when i try to run it under(still talking bios primary video device) to pcie and boot it doesnt work.screen looks like its fighting itself(progressivly gets worse than crashes).which leads me to think that the onboard isnt disabled just judging off of what i experience and others on the internet

.so i normally the only way i have to boot under pci which cant be right..right?it will boot and run under this but still shows the low vitural ram thing

and i havent tried booting under onboard chipset but i doubt this would be any better

if you check under device manager it never shows the onboard chip set as running but i really dont think its disabled...that or my mobo is bad(i have had issues with it in the past)

...so soon i wish to upgrade my mobo/processor but dont want to do this if i wont be able to boot(just in case it is the card and it really does have no working ram)

please help me diagnose my issues.really dont wana upgrade other hardware if my card is the issue(if the card is at fault its not to big a issue.ill just warrenty it out.but i dont want to waste the time if it isnt that..obviously..i mean who likes wasting time.haha)

...but really dont think its the card(guess all i have is a gut feeling)

any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks
-frankie

Last edited:
ya there support is terrible.thankfully interwebz helps at times.

so update i am able to select pcie solt(i changed my mobo bios to a older version and keep doing that til i found one that worked)

eventually i did

but now i updated my video card drivers and blew everything to ****
....should have just left it alone.haha

now its forsure a video card driver issue
..but the issue now is if i use the most current driver or my old one it still acts up :/

symptoms:blurry screen.crashes.screen "shakes"

ideas?

i tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that helped...some.....but still according to my computer drivers still not working properly(obviously silly computer.haha)

ah this is fun

also thanks for the help guys.i appreciate any imput

found my original driver disk!its a few drivers ago.uninstalled everything.loaded that bad boy up and bam!works great now.

Back
Top Bottom