To All You SUV Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya and thanks to him I'm almost smitten with it.. same with krazyq and the Solara..

Well.. I'd love to buy from Craigslist... but problem is, I don't know if I can trust the seller... plus some of the better deals involve a good far far away drive

It would be worth it to pick up a copy of the consumer reports auto issue before you decide on a vehicle. They have a list of the most reliable used cars as well as the ones to avoid.

For buying off craigslist:
1. Carfax report
2. Get a mechanic to check it out
3. Request and review maintenance records from the seller

When I was 17 I had a '71 chevelle. While I was a badass at school, it sucked with all the maintenance and down time I had to deal with.

Go for something reliable man, you'll be glad you did. Honda or Toyota have proven track records.

I just refuse to ever buy or suggest a honda. They are made out of tin foil and dent so easily its just not funny.

I drive a 1990 Honda Accord. I love it. You can complain about dents all you want. But Honda's are 500,000 mile cars. She has gotten normal maintenance all of these years and works just as good as the day she rolled off the assembly line. You want to know how well Honda's are built, next time your driving count how many you see. There are several other '90 Accords in town aside form my own. I don't know of any other 18 year old car that is still around in those numbers.

I bought mine for $500. That's hardly insane.

And just to put things in perspective just how much of a value Hondas are.

My car was about 18k new
My Mom's LHS was 35k (2000 model)
its now 2008, her car is 8 years old, mine is 18
Her car has been in the shop 4 times now, mine has only had (and needed) regular maintenance.
And I still get 30mpg on it.

I would pay twice the sticker price for my Accord. the only thing it needs is a good sound system and CD/Mp3 support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom