Tim Horton's Coffee at 10 in the morning on a Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a roommate living with me at the house now, it's pretty cool.... Someone is there more during the day, and I have a video game playin partner, and a work out buddy. He's got a dog, but he is a pretty good boy..... dog's a bigun.

Back in the day at my first apartment, it was my first ex and me, and one of our girlfriends roomed with us. At first it was cool, till she got a puppy, and DIDN"T TAKE CARE OF IT... We got into arguments all the time, and it was ****. There was even one point when her boyfriend got all up in my face about something with her dog, and we forced her out shortly after that....

My brother did that crap too. A few years ago he told my parents he was getting a puppy and they said "no, not at our house" he responded with "yes I am getting a puppy, why don't you just be happy for me that I'm getting a puppy?!" and he got it and didn't take care of it one bit, never fed it or played with it.

Get yourself a mini fridge and hide it in your room and put some decoy items in the normal fridge but lace them with small amounts of laxatives. He'll think twice about eating and drinking on someone else's pay check.

Padlock on the fridge. I have seen a few of them.

And this is why i have always paid extra to have a 1 bedroom apt with no room mate. The headaches that come with them are not worth it. Seconding the laxatives.

And this is why i have always paid extra to have a 1 bedroom apt with no room mate. The headaches that come with them are not worth it. Seconding the laxatives.

Having gone from Share Housing to Living by myself, I sort of agree with you, I sort of don't

Sure, it great that you can do what ever you want when you want. Like i can watch all the episodes of Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda with out having my house mates constantly making Hucules-In-Space jokes.

Nor do I have worry about some one else using/breaking/stealing my stuff.

You don't have to chase up other flatmates for money for bills / rent.

Your own bandwidth. None of this garbage where little Timmy has eaten up all of this month bandwidth as he downloaded all season of pokemon

And at least I know that I can come home and find that i have a clean set of culterly to cook and eat from (This one really peeved me off the most).

However on the bad side....
1. It does get lonely by yourself.

2. And yes, that is your mess on the table there. You really can not push the blame on some one else.

3. And yes, they are your bills too. However this is a good thing for me as I found my house mates where using considerably a lot more phone and electricty and myself alone.

4. Can not split the cost of things. Like I refuse to pay $30 for just a phone line rental.

5. Cooking for one sux. This is my 2nd year living by myself and I have still not mastered it. And with the way every thing is sold in lots make for 2 or 4, I am either having left overs for the next 2 nights, or I am throwing it out.
It's one of the reasons why I can not easily cook mexican as i find that it's extremely wasteful, or I am having mexican for the entire week. The latter I know will not agree with me.
And living from Canned / Micro Meals is any thing but healthy.

i could see how living alone could get kinda old kinda fast. especially if you don't have any pets or anything to keep you company. I'd hate to live alone.

It's one of the reasons why I can not easily cook mexican as i find that it's extremely wasteful, or I am having mexican for the entire week. The latter I know will not agree with me.

You have to be creative with that, like freeze half the meat and use it for burgers, hamburger helper, something like that. A whole pound of taco meat is too much for me as well.

Steak/chicken is easier because you can save half and grill it.

Heh, ive been living alone for the past 12 years, i dont really count the 6 months here and there with GF's staying over cause they werent really living there. At least i have my 2 fuzzy kids to at least keep me company. But when you work 40 hours a week, how much time are you really "alone". The pros definately outweigh the cons. And as far as single cooking goes, i usually just do hamburger helper/chicken helper/etc and make enough for 2-3 days worth of lunch dinner. Dont really like cooking every night anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom