Think your iPods high quality ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh man,
this just reaffirms my strong dislike for apple and why I decided to not buy an iphone and get a samsung eternity.

I do have to agree that I'm disappointed with Apple being such fascists about this - but they can hardly be blamed with the way that M$ cornered the market on OS's, but 2 wrongs don't make a right. If they could deliver a quality product for equal or less cost then they would be on to something.

This isn't only apple. Companies always jack up prices of 'lower' value things. Look at netbooks, spend around 200-300 more and you can get a system that is much better in every way except for portability. TV's are the same way, a Sony 26" TV costs $550, and a 32" costs $600. Why wouldn't you spend another $50 for 6 more inches. PC's are the same way. A low end system you can build for under $400 costs $500+ from an HP, Dell, or Sony. They completely over price it, so why don't people complain and post threads about that? It's ridiculous that lower end stuff is so expensive, but it's how things are. On top of that, the shuffle only costs consumers $50. 78% is a ton, but when it's 78% on $28, that's nothing.

I do have to agree that I'm disappointed with Apple being such fascists about this - but they can hardly be blamed with the way that M$ cornered the market on OS's, but 2 wrongs don't make a right. If they could deliver a quality product for equal or less cost then they would be on to something.

Apple originally had 90% of the home computer market but lost it by not giving people much choice, admittedly the IBM compatible market with lots of COTS meant you could cut a **** ton of the cost off building a computer your company didn't have to spend hours building prototype systems, a company could just spend its time assembling systems for cheep an knocking them out by the thousands with a cheep OS.

An the only reason IBM even approached Microsoft in the first place was that they thought that MS could resell them CP/M, Bill said that they couldnt IBM went over to Garry Kildall who mucked them about a bit so they came back to MS, MS bought a CP/M clone and rebadeged it to PCDOS for IBM and MSDOS for themselves, IBM machines sold in there millions and then compaq made the first clone an logically (an intentionally) said "we are IBM compatible" and as there computer was cheaper it sold more an more then others started doing it and MS was selling DOS by the truck load an had a OS majority.

"Remember no one ever got fired for buying IBM :)"

I'm still picking up an iPhone, mainly because I like the way it works and how the OS feels. Also, I figure I'm going to need a GPS unit, and getting email/internet/etc is a huge plus.

I'm just really tired of the buggy WinMo phones we sell. Ugh.

I wonder how much it costs them to make iPhones, though...

I'm not sure i actually care how much Apple overprices there stuff. The iPhone and MacBook's are just SO nice.

You gotta remember a few things about the apple iphone and macbook. When you buy a MacBook that comes with OSX - you are also paying for the development costs behind the OS. Sure, you can buy a equally powerful laptop for half the price, but it doesn't come with an OS made by the company themselves. Okay, so even then they are still overpriced. But heh, apple are a fashion statement, you have to pay a premium. And ultimately, they are a business set out to make money and nothing else. Why wouldn't you charge £1500 for a laptop that should actually only be sold for £800 when you can get away with it for selling it a whole lot more..

i don't see the big deal.... everyone does this

i've seen somewhere that it cost like $10 to make a gamecube and nintendo sells them for what, $75-100?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom