there was a problem sending the command to the program

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdan

Daemon Poster
I have both Word 2007 and Word STARTER 2010. 2010 was installed first, but obviously its not the whole thing, very limited options.

Anyway when I click on certain documents I get the above error. I think its only when I click on docx files, which open in 2010, instead of doc files which open in 2007. Can you advise what to do? I could just uninstall 2010 and that might fix it but I'd rather avoid that if possible.

On a sidenote when I type in a question mark I keep getting this symbol: É
I can fix that by going to the keyboard language options but does anyone know the shortcut?

For the keyboard issue, you are in Canadian Multilingual Standard (or french), just go back to English (US).
Keyboard shortcut to switch languages is Alt + Shift, if I am not mistaken.

Bonne Chance

For the office thing, you may be able to uninstall Word Started 2010, but, any files on your system with a DOCX extension will be orphaned. You could change the extension to DOC, but the formatting will probably not come up correctly. You may want to attempt that before uninstalling so you can see the results and still have the ability to go back if it doesn't look like it is going to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom