The Evil Within

lacerz

Daemon Poster
This game looks creepy. Too bad it'll ship broken.

Bethesda Pairs with Resident Evil Creator for 'The Evil Within' - Forbes

Bethesda Pairs with Resident Evil Creator for 'The Evil Within'

This morning IGN has revealed Bethesda‘s new project which allies the studio with Resident Evil creator, Shinji Mikami. The game is called The Evil Within, and will be released in 2014 for Xbox 360, Playstation 3, PC and “next generation consoles” as well.

“We're incredibly proud to announce The Evil Within,” said Mikami. “My team and I are committed to creating an exciting new franchise, providing fans the perfect blend of horror and action.”

IGN is promising first impressions of the project on April 22nd, but those have to be pretty limited considering there wasn't even enough game footage to splice together a teaser trailer.

There IS a teaser trailer however, but it's taken the unusual step of being live action. We've seen plenty of live action video game trailers before, but I don't think I've ever seen one as a premiere teaser before.

There's no gameplay, of course, but we do get a glimpse at the apparently very twisted type of horror we're going to find in the game. A “hero” perhaps can be seen assembling something out of barbed wire, while three distinct “bad guy” types are glimpsed as well.

A hulking man has shards of broken glass sticking out all over his exposed face and body. A four armed female creature rises from a bloody pool. A large figure wearing a safe on its head wields a massive hammer. Scary stuff.

The genre is something of a departure for Bethesda, best known for sprawling open world hits like The Elder Scrolls and Fallout series. It will be interesting to see what they do with survival horror, and how their partnership with Shinji Mikami's studio Tango Gameworks will work. It stands to reason that this game will be much more claustrophobic than their usual fare, as perhaps it's possible to make an open world horror game, but not exceedingly likely.

In any case, the concept and live-action teaser have certainly piqued my interest. We'll wait until next week until Bethesda's marketing department IGN gives us more.

I need another really good survival horror game becuase Resident Evil went from lurking around corners slowly and being concenred because you had limited health and ammo to a Gears of War / Michael Bay film wannabe.

This is a "Will defnitely watch it's development" for me. Excited for something new from bethesda :D

Back
Top Bottom