The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

If you join the thieves guild in Riften they'll give you a set of guild apparel. The cuirass has the carry weight enchantment on it, easy way to get it.

Unfortunately for me, looks like you have to set your game to use steam cloud to backup your saves, and then it only works for some games. Either way, mine are lost :*( started again as a Redguard, making much more use of magic this time round.

If you join the thieves guild in Riften they'll give you a set of guild apparel. The cuirass has the carry weight enchantment on it, easy way to get it.

Unfortunately for me, looks like you have to set your game to use steam cloud to backup your saves, and then it only works for some games. Either way, mine are lost :*( started again as a Redguard, making much more use of magic this time round.

i feel for you, how long had you played on your saves? never tried a redguard, im always some kind of elf as my character always is an archer/mage with the occasional bit of one handed.

Ages man...ages :(
I'm usually an elf too, just decided to go for something different. I'm still primarily an archer, with magic/one-handed melee. Dual wielding ftw :p

Redguard are pretty well balanced warriors, start off with good destruction/one-hand/block skills.

So I haven't been playing a whole lot lately, I got back in AC:Brotherhood so I could start playing Revelations soon. But I finally found a decent way to not only raise my smithing (and other stats), but to make money doing it.

Craft Iron Dagger > Enchant with Soul Gem of some sort (Petty and Lesser work well) > Sell individually > Repeat.

Leveling smithing, enchanting, and speechcraft all at the same time...and making money. I finally got a weapon with Soul Trap, so I'm going to fill up on soul gems and go nuts. I figure this way, since I make a profit, I can continuously do this until I max out the levels...at least smithing, so I can get the Daedric set.

So I haven't been playing a whole lot lately, I got back in AC:Brotherhood so I could start playing Revelations soon. But I finally found a decent way to not only raise my smithing (and other stats), but to make money doing it.

Craft Iron Dagger > Enchant with Soul Gem of some sort (Petty and Lesser work well) > Sell individually > Repeat.

Leveling smithing, enchanting, and speechcraft all at the same time...and making money. I finally got a weapon with Soul Trap, so I'm going to fill up on soul gems and go nuts. I figure this way, since I make a profit, I can continuously do this until I max out the levels...at least smithing, so I can get the Daedric set.
That's exactly what I did, I found that the absorb health enchantment makes an item worth the most (so far). Also you can buy the petty and lesser soul gems pre filled and still make profit (obviously less than filling them yourself). I have got like 40 grand or more by doing this.

I do the same thing, go out hunting to get the furs (+archery/sneak), turn em into leather bracers (+smithing), enchant them (+enchanting), then sell them (+speech).
Only problem is finding those soul gems, but I'll usually just raid the college of winterhold or any mage area to get those.

Can't wait until my speech is high enough to get the "sell any item to any merchant" perk.

Only problem is finding those soul gems, but I'll usually just raid the college of winterhold or any mage area to get those.

i just buy them off farengar secret-fire in dragonsreach, he usually has every type and some are pre filled. If you need more you can always wait two days for his stock to restore (aswell as his money and any other shops money/stock) also the general store sells a few soul gems.

I do the same thing, go out hunting to get the furs (+archery/sneak), turn em into leather bracers (+smithing), enchant them (+enchanting), then sell them (+speech).

Can't wait until my speech is high enough to get the "sell any item to any merchant" perk.

I think daggers are better only because they are cheaper to make. You only need one iron ingot and one leather strip, so from one piece of leather you get 4 strips, and you can get ingots for about the same price as a piece of leather, or ore cheaper. Costs less to make, still make a profit. May not be as fast of one, but it's still not bad.

I haven't been to the college yet, I've just been kinda messing around myself. I may head up that way sometime in the near future.

I have like 20k spare cash still, even after buying a couple houses, but I still don't like to buy soul gems :p or anything for that matter. Cheap-arse here lol

It's harder for me to find iron ingots, especially free ones. I mean yeah I can visit the mines and get the ore pretty easy, but meh it's not that exciting :p

To get leather I just fast travel out onto the plains. There's deer/elk/bears/cats/foxes/wolves everywhere! Deer/elk usually travel in twos, so I creep up and use unrelenting force on them. Knocks them both over, quickly shoot both while they're on the ground. Bam 4 leather.
Oh, I also kill giants wherever I see them. They're usually carrying at least 2-3 pelts, usually nets you a good 6 leather per giant. Then there's also their chests to raid for more pelts.

Back
Top Bottom