Tech help and some other questions~ for Day of Defeat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animalmtoher

Beta member
Hey everyone, I'm new here and have been on a Day of defeat drout for years. I just bought a laptop, a Compaq presario v6000z. It's got:
1GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) Go 6150
AMD Turion 64x2 TL50 1.6ghz
Windows VISTA

ANyways to get better FPS? Will the below ideas even help?

Can i use the exrpress slot to intsal another video card or maybe video card booster?

Does WiF lower FPS, im on WiFi and no hardwire, someone said it does lower FPS on the server, he got technical. ANother said it doesnt. Does anyone no if hardwire gives better FPS and faster internet?

Will an additional gig of RAM help out my FPS?

I Hear from people on the servers vista is really horrible, what makes it horrible? AM i losing FPS, can i get better FPS with XP if i put it on my laptop?

I have no idea what to do, tweak graphics card or what, i got a notebook cooler hope it helps. ANy ideas or if you think the ideas above are good to help DOD FPS please let me know ty ty ty
Any help and ideas would be much appreciated~ Id like to raise my avaerage FPS from 15-30 much higher cant get a new PC at the moment. Didnt think id get into DOD when i got this one.

OTHER QUESTIONS: What happed to the british and mg34 fg42 bayonets and all the other weapons and stuff old DOD had? Will they make an update to get it back on source????????

OTHER QUESTIONS: What happed to the british and mg34 fg42 bayonets and all the other weapons and stuff old DOD had? Will they make an update to get it back on source????????

Nope, steam totally nerfed all those weapons, same on source...sorry to be the bearer of bad news. In terms of fps...........probably not, but I cant say for 100% certainty.

hey, I don't think there's any real way to increase your FPS other than getting a new graphics card which would be difficult and pricey. As much as it might suck I'd say to try and put all the graphics settings as low as possible and try that. As for the hardwire/wireless...I used to game on my laptop and didn't notice much difference other than slightly more lag with my neighbor's wireless (hardwire is more stable)

if you type 'net graph 3' into the console that'll show your running FPS and connection.

I bet RAM would help a bit, check what'cha got free just after starting Vista. Especially if you have Aereo enabled. In fact, if you do, you might try disabling that to see if ye' gain anything.

As far as XP vs Vista, I didn't do any hard timing, but I can't say I noticed any big differences like so many claim...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom