Tech Forums WAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
What core is his X2? If he is rolling with old s939 gear then that would explain a lot.

AM2, Brisbane core.

It's actually not at 3GHz anymore, I'm rollin at 2.85GHz (too lazy to update sig). I need a better case, cooling is pretty poor.

My brothers system got about 9.5k in 3dmark 06 with a stock 5200+ x2 windsor and a 4850 so that score seems about right.

Well then who knows.

Oh well its just 3dmark...game performance is still solid.

AM2, Brisbane core.

It's actually not at 3GHz anymore, I'm rollin at 2.85GHz (too lazy to update sig). I need a better case, cooling is pretty poor.

What case you got??

Too bad you dont live near by ima be letting my case go for cheap when i get the HAF.

My brothers system got about 9.5k in 3dmark 06 with a stock 5200+ x2 windsor and a 4850 so that score seems about right.

Strange...i guess the card is being bottlenecked pretty bad.

Strange...i guess the card is being bottlenecked pretty bad.

I wondered about that but zmatt only got 11k with a 3ghz E7200 and I wouldn't have thought that would bottleneck it.

I got about 1k higher (10,551) score in 3dmark than my brothers system but his system is quite a bit faster at warhead and cod4 so I guess that shows how accurate 3dmark is.

^ 11k is higher than 10,551 dude.

3dmark is a weird thing. I really don't know how accurate it is for giving system performance. I know that another 4850 wouldn't hurt, but I seriously think it overstates the quad core advantage. Since duals tend to outperform quads in gaming and other benchmarks. It seems like there are few real programs that use more than 2 threads.

^^ I was referring to my brothers 9.5k score and his systems gaming performance. I just edited my post to make it more clear.

See this is why im not a major fan of 3dmark.

It makes guys freak out thinking their systems arent powerful enough and makes you upgrade more and more. Doesnt even accurately measure performance. I know you are getting better in game fps than me craze even though your score is lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom