Votes: 6 8.6%
  • McAfee

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • BitDefender

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Kaspersky

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
When my new gaming rig gets built, what would be the best antivirus for a dual OS running Windows 8.1 and Linux 13.04?

Stick with AVG, MSE keeps falling down the charts in terms of detection.

Ive been using avast free, and i run spyboy s&d 2 as well as mbam. Been a great combo for me so far.

Im still trying to find a good standalone firewall though

At the minute I'm using MSE, I would love too know if their are any Stand alone Firewall, being self contained and if their is any chance of running something alongside MSE..

I use MSE, and I also use Ccleaner, keep the system fully updated and run a full Scan maybe once every two weeks too a month.

I should really look in too checking too see if their are any Patches and or updates for the 3rd party software I'm using, such as DVD Burning tools.

IMO, a software firewall isn't really necessary.

If anything, just make sure the firewall on your router is up to par. Either that, or get an in-line hardware firewall (to go in-between the modem and the router).

You can make a DIY hardware firewall using pfSense.

I have no idea about routers and I'm not even going too attempt too change the settings on it.. I'll probably screw it up. But on the other hand I'm going too have a hardwere firewall put in place now you mention it as I have nothing better too do.

Back
Top Bottom