• Trend Micro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bit Defender

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tech-Forums Top Rated Antivirus

I had to vote avast, it's free, a new update just came out for it, and it works like a charm. I used to usse AVG, but I don't like the thought of 'we don't give you full coverage until you pay us'

Avast Free doesnt give you FULL protection either. They have different versions just like AVG. You have Avast Free, Avast Pro and then Avast Internet Security.

avast! - Download Free Antivirus Software or Internet Security

What would be the best free antivirus for an old computer with limited resources?
Right now it has avg9 but sometimes it randomly uses massive ammounts of resources when not really doing anything.

What would be the best free antivirus for an old computer with limited resources?
Right now it has avg9 but sometimes it randomly uses massive ammounts of resources when not really doing anything.

Microsoft Security Essentials or Avast

I will try avast on it and see how that goes. I'm not a big fan of ms security essentials because I installed it on my dads computer and little did I know that it wasn't updating automatically since it have no warning for being out of date and he got nailed by one of those stupid facebook viruses.

Is avira antivir any good I don't see it mentioned in the list?

Sorry to say mikee, but MSE does have those prompts. It also does auto update at least twice a day. So there was something else on the PC that prevented MSE from working properly. I get notifications all the time that my protection was updated. If i have my PC for more than a day, it pops up almost the instant i log on telling me i need a update.

That's odd does it just update without telling or prompt you to update? none of these things happened when I had it. I did try and update it manually once but it said connection error or something maybe that was just something with my internet connection. Well my dads comp has avg now but for some reason the crappy office computer slows to a crawl and when I look at the task manager avgrsx.exe is using over 50% cpu. My computer (sig rig) doesn't ever get this problem with avg.

I think I'm switching to avast now I installed it on the old computer and it actually boots up faster and feels faster without avg. It also doesn't have that old slightly confusing ui that avast 4 had and so far no slowdowns of any kind due to AV excellent.

Any love for Panda Cloud?

Been using it for a couple months, I think it's the bees knees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom