• Trend Micro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bit Defender

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tech-Forums Top Rated Antivirus

Yeah it's Norton that is bad. Norton is like the home branch of Symantec. Symantec's true AV is the corporate edition.

I use Avira anti virus and comodo firewall at home, i also use avira at work to clean out infected computers and its detection status is awesome. I tried out AVG before but it lagged my system down way to much, ill give the newer version a try though.

nod32 users, what do you use for a firewall? looks like eset (maker of nod32) has two products:

-smart security
-nod32

if i understand it correctly, smart security has everything nod32 has, but also has a firewall/antispam. is this even necessary?

thanks

nod32 users, what do you use for a firewall? looks like eset (maker of nod32) has two products:

-smart security
-nod32

if i understand it correctly, smart security has everything nod32 has, but also has a firewall/antispam. is this even necessary?

thanks

On my XP desktop, I run Nod32 with Comodo Free Firewall, and on my Vista laptop I run Smart Security.

Running Avast! for my anti-virus on my own and the home pc. It updates automatically and blocks a lot of virus's, has worked excellent for me.

Running Avast! for my anti-virus on my own and the home pc. It updates automatically and blocks a lot of virus's, has worked excellent for me.

Ditto here. I have Avast! Pro on all the family PCs here. Have always had bad experience with Norton, Symantec, McAfee and all their products are hereforth banned from the household.

Has any other Avast user ever been caught off guard with your speakers up high when it updates the virus database?
That freakin computer voice has rocked my soul before.

Not to insult anyone here, but the question is "best AV" and some ppl have chosen Norton and Mcfee over Panda. have you ever tested these? or you just see the name on a box and thought, "the font looks cool".. LOL

Its all good, keeps the mods here busy answering "Help! I got a virus!!" :confused:
also keeps the U.S. in the #1 spot for hosting the most malware in the world, and hey we gotta be #1 don't we? ;)

Well they say the only way you learn is when you experience things for your self, go ahead do the warez test. :eek:

For those ppl who I formentioned, read the black board behind MR. Hand in my Avatar

Also surprised that no one mentioned PCcillin, more useless garbage

AVG is most definitely the best free AV ever. But NOD32 is really good too...AVG is my favorite while NOD32 is a close second.

Norton, McAfee, and Panda have got to be the worst ever.

I always look here
AntiVirus Software Review 2009 - TopTenREVIEWS

and sometimes here
Compare 2009 Antivirus Software

I have used 5 different anti virus programs. I stopped at Bitdefender and love it. Highly rated and I voted for it.

This thread is not going to be very good for "compairing" the AV software. Im sure 90% of voters have not "tested" all these AV products therfor can not give a good vote.

I see many go for AVG instead of others. This is mainly due to the fact that....its free. Doesn't mean it detects better than all others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom