Talk about your rig.

Core clock at 520MHz and memory at 1 GHz stock. Not much of an OC. I had the core clock at around 580 at one time and I thought everything was fine. Then I started playing NFSU2 and it just kept freezing up on me. I keep lowering it until NFSU2 ran fine and 520MHz is where it stands.

I could probably squeeze in another 5-10MHz, but I'm tired of trying. Graphics is great as it is. I'm wondering if I should've increase the memory clock frequency while increasing the core clock. Perhaps that will give better results? 1 GHz is pretty fast already and I don't know if increasing that will see much of an improvement.

I'll see if I can OC the CPU a bit more later on. Then I'll run the test and see if there's any difference in my score. I like to get it up to at least 2.4-2.6GHz if possible. 3dmark03 takes forever to give me the test results but I sure love watching those stupid trolls fall to their deaths.

TRDCorolla said:
3dmark03 takes forever to give me the test results but I sure love watching those stupid trolls fall to their deaths.

lol on my celeron which im still using until tomorrow i cant even watch those trolls commit suicide. It goes something like this,

-trolls start jumping
-starts glitching all to poop
-fps drops to like 5
-trolls are just finishing jumping
-first troll hits ground
-rest start hitting ground while lagging to poop
-done

what a wonderful sight that is lol

TRDCorolla1, winterfreshpwnz, thanks for the replies. It seems that our systems get similar scores and thats all i wanted to see. :) Now i feel better about my system, as i was always thinking that something was wrong. TRDCorolla1, my systemt isnt OC'd at all, i wonder why i beat you (barely) in mark03 score, with ur system being OC'd?

My specs for the one I'm getting :

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ [Socket 939] Venice Core
Abit AX8 with Guru Clock
1GB of Scan Elixir Memory
NEC Dual-Layer DVD Burner
Sapphire X300SE
200GB Seagate Barracuda SATA with 8MB cache 7200rpm

Then at Christmas I will get a XFX GeForce 6600, which are meant to be amazingly overclockable. When I get it, which is when I can buy a Venice in the UK, I will overclock it and post my scores. Yay Venice:D Does anyone know where I will be able to get a Venice in the UK and when?

XFX?!?! They are cheap, but you get what you pay for. Go with the ASUS, MSI, BFG Tech or eVGA ones (maybe even Chaintech and Giga-byte)...you'll be more satisfied with them. XFX is one of the worst graphics card companies out there, the coolers they use are aluminum sprayed over with black paint...which pretty much defeats the concept of the coolers.

Back
Top Bottom