Sync your Android phone with Banshee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Sync your Android phone with Banshee

Recently I finally managed to get rid of my iPhone for a much more Linux-geek friendly mobile – the HTC Hero. One of my issues with the iPhone was that, in order to do ANY syncing, you had to use iTunes, which I really didn't like. And although the HTC Hero has yet to be able to do full syncing with Linux (no contacts or calendar syncing with Evolution, Thunderbird, Claws Mail, etc). You can, however, very easily sync your music with the HTC Hero (and any Android-based phone) by using the Banshee music manager.
Banshee is strongly tied to the GNOME desktop manager. These two together make managing your Android phone music as simple as it gets. Now, Banshee is not a complete replacement for iTunes. There is no way to purchase music through Banshee (which is fine because most Android phones can purchase music straight from the Amazon MP3 market). But Banshee does a bang up job of managing your music – and a simple job interacting with the Android phone. Now, let's take a look at how this is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom