Stupid ping problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erich K

In Runtime
(I thought this was more of a internet problem rather than a game problem but move it if you must)

When i'm trying to connect to halo server. I can only connect to servers with pings (Which is maybe only 1 or 2 at a time) if i try to connect to a server without a ping it says "Negotiating connection to server." for 10 seconds then it says "Unable to connect to game server."

Also note: I hardly ever see the pings of servers in any online game i play. I can connect to all of the servers without pings in every game except halo though.

Any ideas? Kinda want to play some halo:(

csamuels said:
update halo. check webpage for a support section with downloads.

update os. www.windowsupdate.com

you have any problems browsing the internet?

do these servers come standard with the halo install or did you setup config for them?
Halo is up to date.

I have no problems browsing the internet and the servers come standard.

Law said:
Do you have any firewall/security software running? Are you connected to a home router?
I have FIlseclab running on the computer but i turned it off before playing (I had the same problem with zonealarm) and i do have a router.

My friend is having trouble playing with more than 1 person on Starcraft. If more than 2 people are in the game including himself the lag is unbearable. It's very odd since he has high speed internet, and I play many other online games with him like Counter-Strike without any problems. Can that website help him or is this problem completely unrelated?

Edit: blah I just asked him if he has a router and he said no, so I guess it's a mystery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom