starting a forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an idea for a website that I want to create and I want to use vBulletin (which powers this site) and also have a user submitted material/ranking system.

The forum part would be run just like this one, as an aside from the main page.

Then the majority of the site would be user submitted material, like at hdrcreme.com, where users can submit information which can be rated by other users.

of course I'll have a "New Stuff" section on the home page, and then a "browse by category" type thing, plus a google search utility on the home page... but the vBulletin technology and user submitted material... how I do that?

cool, can you link me to any active examples of these technologies?

Geez, there's so much I need to learn, but this is a pet project (which will hopefully make me a millionaire!) so it's no big rush.

What I'll probably do is once I get the domain up and running I'll make it a sort of "open source" project, where I'll use strictly donated time to craft the page from other people.

My goal is to make a living on the internet, probably using google adsense and an Amazon affiliate.:eek::laughing:

Well, each site should have live demos, if not they will have links to live sites. I know MKPortal uses their tech to run their site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom