Sorry for the Hiccup

Press_Corpse

In Runtime
Hey folks! I don't know if anyone has noticed, but Ive been down for like 2 weeks. My girlfriend and I found a place and were in the process of moving in and getting all our internet/tv sorted out. This place has free utilities and no mortgage so I'm folding 24/7 with no regrets! Ive got my lian Li case and hope in the very near future to purchase a board to put in it and put my 2500k up to fold as a backup.

Happy folding and good to be back!

Welcome back, I'm still loveing it. Mind you, I would love to be able to afford a better GPU, for the Q6600 Rig I've got. Well in the mean time I'm sticking with the 8800GT. :) .. ..

Place is awesome, and I wish I had the money to build a monster 2-4 socket folding machine. Hopes and dreams... hopes and dreams. I still have plans on building the second rig to house the 2500k, Just need to pick out a decent board for it, psu, small ssd and run it!

How is your new rig doing paton? I havnt seen any updates on it :wtf:

Muhaha time to to get a1kV folding beast!

Sorry just noticed this, and hope you enjoy your new place.

Ok, I'm not sure if this is the place to talk about it but since its been mentioned I will. If I cut a system back to the beir bones, I'm trrying to figure out what I could get in the way of Bang for Buck with just a Mobo, CPU, dedicated GPU, PSU & Memory. With a stock heatsink and fan. I can run the Core System components on the Desk I have with a dated monitor fair enuf, but riged up via Ethernet to the Swich the only problem I have is a OS. If I bye a Copy of Win 7, say 64bit can anyone tell me when Win 8 is due out or should I go down the Linux route beiring in mind I have not got a clue with Linux. Even then for less than £120, I would say you can get a Card that will be alot better than the 8800GT I've got at the minute wich is averageing 5000ppd as a benchmark. This biggest Cost will be the OS, and quite frankly I do not want to spend 70£ + on a copy of Win 7.

You can run win 8 for free right now.

Or learn Linux and use wine for setting up the gpus.

I'm pritty useless at learning Linux unless someone shows me, I think it would take alot of reading and patience. As for Win8 Consumer Preview " :devil: " :wink:

Edit: I looked up win 8 via Google and its a whopping 16GB installation. Would it be possible to install on to USB thus plug in to a Mobo straight away. With something like Universal USB Installer?

Back
Top Bottom