So, Who Picked Up A 99 Dollar TouchPad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

office politics

It's all just 1s and 0s
I got mine for 119 w free shipping. I'm already thinking that i'll try to hack it so it will run android.

The six biggest things I learned during the HP TouchPad's fire sale weekend | ZDNet

The key to dethroning the iPad is in price

If anything is certain, it is this. Some have used the TouchPad's post-mortem ”success” to suggest that Amazon may price its own tablet at around $99. And I'm inclined to agree. At $99, the barrier for entry is almost nonexistent, and it's sad that this is what it took for the TouchPad to achieve any modicum of success. If Amazon doesn't want its tablet efforts to follow in the footsteps of HP's, it will will study closely what happened with the TouchPad this past weekend.

Sadly no. I bought a Nook Color a few days before the Tocuhpad price drop and I don't need another tablet.

I have heard nothing but bad things about these $99 tablets... glad I did not get one. Plus I am an Apple fanboy :)

^You kidding bro? You pay more for a Kindle, and this can function as a book-reading device that's much more powerful than a kindle. Worth it already

I have heard nothing but bad things about these $99 tablets... glad I did not get one. Plus I am an Apple fanboy :)

Says it all right there. I would have gotten one if they were not all sold out already. Just hack it and put Android on there. There is already work going on to get this done. Look at that a $99 tablet that can do everything the Apple iPad can and more since it can use Flash. ;)

I tried... Everywhere i looked online was sold out and my local walmart wasn't selling them and my best buy had sold out before I got there... sadness.

Yeah for several days after the announcement of the liquidation we had phone calls and customers asking about them. Funny thing is we only ever got 2 in stock. Sold them both for full price as well. The customers that bought them never returned them either. So we got our money from them. But it is fun having to answer the calls about them.

"Electronics, we are sold out of TouchPads, how can I assist you?"

"Click"

"Guess they wanted a TouchPad"

That is at least 85% of the phones calls I answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom