Gaming Laptop Help! (Picking one)

I would check out the Gigabyte one it has an IPS panel which will make picture quality really good, and the GPU has 6GB Vram compared to 2 and 3gb, and the regular hard drive runs at 7200rpm instead of 5400 like most, so you hard drive will be faster(yes I know you have an ssd) Also the CPU has turbo boost on the CPU and can go to 3.4GHZ rather than staying at 2.4ghz

I would check out the Gigabyte one it has an IPS panel which will make picture quality really good, and the GPU has 6GB Vram compared to 2 and 3gb, and the regular hard drive runs at 7200rpm instead of 5400 like most, so you hard drive will be faster(yes I know you have an ssd) Also the CPU has turbo boost on the CPU and can go to 3.4GHZ rather than staying at 2.4ghz
The gigabyte one does seem to have the best stats, but I can't find it on amazon. I'm not really sure/haven't had much experience with other online computer retailers, so I'm open to some suggestions on that front. The laptop needs to be shipped to NY, if that makes any difference.

I also haven't heard much of the laptop itself or its more powerful brother, the P25W/X. I also haven't heard much of gigabyte in terms of a laptop manufacturer. I know they're pretty good in terms of desktop components but not too sure about laptops.

Edit:
I did some more digging, since the P35W wasn't in stock on amazon I didn't pay as much attention to it, but it honestly looks like the best of the bunch. It has the best specs, and it also has the ability for upgrading the storage space quite a lot, which appeals to me. The gpu has also been boosted to almost double the VRAM of the normal cards, and also the cooling system is dual-fans.
The only slightly dissuading thing is the keyboard, it only has a white backlight (not as big a deal) but I can't find much info about what brand it is. MSI greatly advertised theirs as Steelseries, which I am a fan of. I wouldn't like to buy a laptop that doesn't have too great a keyboard.
The retailer I've found is called excaliberpc.com, they have a large selection of electronics and seem to have a good reputation but honestly I've never heard of them.

Edit 2: One other thing I forgot to mention, though I have a valid US shipping address, I'd be using an international credit card (i.e one not from an american bank). For 'fraud' reasons apparently, some retailers including newegg refuse such international credit cards, even if a valid US address is given. So that may be a problem for other retailers. I do have a paypal account, but again it isn't american and the linked credit card is not american either, so I don't know about that.
(Honestly, they're probably losing a lot of customers from stuff like this, wish it wasn't like this)

Edit 3: (I apologize for these, really, but I keep finding more information so I figured might as well add it!) I've found another website, xoticpc.com, which seems to be pretty good. They actually can/do upgrade existing models at reasonable prices before shipping them out, and under their own warranty as well. Any experiences with this? They seem to have all the models of laptops I've looked at, at relatively good prices, and the ability to upgrade certainly would save me time upgrading in the future.

Last edited:
The reason why you cant find it online is because it hasn't been released, it comes out in 1 or 2 months so its really new.

Also if I were you I would buy it from amazon on the link I sent you, since as its in the USA, the one you linked before was in euros or pounds. Also when you order from amazon you get their good customer service from a reputable company, on other websites it is kind of iffy if you know what I mean. BTW its the same exact computer on both websites.

Lol, that'd be why I can't find it. Don't know why I didn't consider the possibility that it hadn't been released yet. I'll be sure to check it out when it does release and see if it lives up to its apparent glory. Cheers.

Last edited:
Hey man I found one that you can pre-order that is a newer version, check it out here Amazon.com : Gigabyte P35GV2-CF2 15.6 inch / 8GB DDR3L/ mSATA 128GB+ HDD 1TB 7200rpm/DVD Notebook : Computers & Accessories

I don't know much thats different, but it says CF2 rather than CF1 so maybe they made some slight adjustments to make it better.

EDIT: it has mSATA for more SSD storage if you need it, and its lighter

The one you linked first time 'round is the P35Wv2, which was the one I was looking into, but the one you've linked just there is the P35Gv2, which is nearly identical except it has a step down in terms of the GPU, it uses a 860M rather than the 870M the W model has. Not that big a deal, but I kinda want that 870M. It all depends on my choice in the end, but cheers for the link.

The one you linked first time 'round is the P35Wv2, which was the one I was looking into, but the one you've linked just there is the P35Gv2, which is nearly identical except it has a step down in terms of the GPU, it uses a 860M rather than the 870M the W model has. Not that big a deal, but I kinda want that 870M. It all depends on my choice in the end, but cheers for the link.

O sorry man I completely overlooked that, that 870 is the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom