Serious internet help

rhandall

Beta member
Hey guys im new to this website and i have a serious internet issue. I have a 10mbt internet connection but there is a problem, webpages take forever to load on my desktop which is lan connected to my router. The internet works great and fast on my phone and my laptop. When i go to do a speedtest on my desktop i get my 10mbt internet connection and my download speeds are great but when it comes to browsing it is slow! All help is appreciated thanks :)

are you using chrome?

internet explorer can be really slow, and firefox can be the worst when it has 10 addons or whatever they are called all running.

Clear all the cache and temporary files from your web browsers
Make sure you haven't got a proxy set

Try and flush the DNS
Windows Key + R Key>CMD> ipconfig /flushdns

Release and Renew your IP Address settings
Windows Key + R Key>CMD> ipconfig /release
Windows Key + R Key>CMD> ipconfig /renew

Try some ping tests
Windows Key + R Key>CMD> ping 192.168.0.1 (assuming that is your router address)
Then
Windows Key + R Key>CMD> ping www.google,comhttp://www.google.com (you can use any website here)

you could use the test ping www.google,com -t
this will do a none stop test, rather than just testing 4 times.

this will help you to see if your computer has an issues with connecting to the router, and then to a website.
This test cuts out the web browser, so if everything comes back ok from the ping tests you know it is not a network connection issue and can concentrate on you OS and one of the browsers, and if it shows slowness in the ping tests you can then concentrate on the network side of things.

Last edited:
Try running the command prompt as Admin. Go to the Start Menu and type in CMD. There right click on the file it brings up and select Run As Admin. Then type in the commands.

Back
Top Bottom