search through notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonidus2012

Beta member
I have a ton of notes scattered around my computer for work. I really need an application that will allow me to index the hard drive and let me quickly search through the notes for what I'm looking for. I need something better than the default Windows search (I am running Windows 7).

I briefly looked at Google Desktop until I found out it was no longer supported. Something similar to that would be awesome.

Could use something like OneNote where every note you have is created with it's own person heading. That way all you have to do is look at the side panel for the heading then click on it to get access to that note.

Could just use notepad for this as well. Just save each note with a different file name and when you use the Windows Search, it brings up that note.

Finding a way to better organize your work and desk will go a longer way than trying to find software that will work with bad habits. Learning to take better notes and how to organize them will serve you much better in the end. I was the same way to start. But now I have found that just making a note with notepad and saving it with a heading specific to just that note is far easier to find than having a ton of notes under 1 heading and trying to find the specific piece of information I want.

Best part is, that this can carry over as well. It is the same practice I use with my Android Device as well as on my Linux based machine. So it isnt something that can be just used with Windows. It is something that will carry over to all aspects of your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom