Screen icon blinking

I also was advised to get some resin for my heat sink as the blockage in the beginning causes some nice burn and must have affected the old resin that was on there. Not sure if that would make the heat sink more effective at dissipating heat i am assuming that is what it does.
It's called thermal paste. And yes it will.
One thing i saw which is slighlty concerning you know you get like a protective clear sticker / film over some of the circuitry on the pc board. I think this is to keep static dust off o those component, well quite alot of its has managed to get in under the sticker, like its stuck on the sticky side of the sticker. Could you buy new "film" i dont know what to even call it.
I don't know what you mean by that. Could you take some pictures?

:danger: Also I'm pretty sure "static dust" is not a thing. :hide:

I find the "film" interesting. I don't think it should be there as it will trap heat and dust. It must have been overlooked by the assemblers at the plant.

I agree with AMD, lets have some pics of it.

If it's translucent yellow sticker, it's probably Kapton tape, and you can find that pretty easily.

and the resin/heatsink paste may increase cooling efficiency. it's made to transfer heat from the cpu itself to the heatsink, and applying a new coat may improve temps by 3-5c, depending on the original quality or age.

Some people also apply thermal paste in between the pipes. Doesn't make much sense to me but who knows, maybe it does make a difference.

Some people also apply thermal paste in between the pipes. Doesn't make much sense to me but who knows, maybe it does make a difference.

I wouldn't do that unless you were 1000% sure the thermal compound is NON-conductive...

The heat pipes that go from the cpu to the heat sink/fan area where the heat is exhausted.

He's saying that it might equalize the temp between the heatpipes if there is more than one.

edit: i think it's negligible at best and a huge messy cleanup at worst...

ocz_v12_cooler2.jpg

The copper thingies.

Yea maybe it thermal paste he was refering to mu heatsink looks like a copper pipe only oval
Genuine-new-laptop-heatsink-with-fan-for.jpg_220x220.jpg
very much like this two "pipes" stuck together, as for the paste, i never saw any on it ( its black now btw ). Since we initially spoke about those links amd gave me and myself blowing the case out once in a while the laptop has been working well no blinking, no heating up no chopper sounds from my fan.... I will take shots if i ever open it again..( this film im speaking of is clear squares pastes over certain chipsets ) My dad always said dont fix what isnt broken.

Ok, I thought he meant that but I wasn't too sure. Putting it on the pipes aren't gonna make a difference.

Back
Top Bottom