School....sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats sweet, my brother goes to RIT actually. he's majoring in ad photo. and yeah, i'm looking to go into more of networking/systems administration which is mostly network building and maintaining and storage systems for large networks. all that fun stuff, so i've been looking into a lot of different schools and am pretty excited for college years.

thats sweet, my brother goes to RIT actually. he's majoring in ad photo. and yeah, i'm looking to go into more of networking/systems administration which is mostly network building and maintaining and storage systems for large networks. all that fun stuff, so i've been looking into a lot of different schools and am pretty excited for college years.

College is pretty great, but if you go to a good school and want to slack off ... you will probably be leaving soon after. I think about a third of my class so far has either dropped out /transfered / were kicked out cause of the amount of work. But even though I'm not doing much directly related to my major, it still beats high school -- the atmosphere and the environment are just so much more superior.

But even though I'm not doing much directly related to my major
Gotta love all those BS "filler" courses. Over half of my courses have no bearing on my major at all.

Strangest thing about filler classes. I am in my third year of study now (Business Major and CS minor), and up until this semester, my HARDEST class was Art 100....A General Education course filler that I took with a bunch of friends.

We had this psycho art professor who was a slave driver. I have never had to memorize so much stuff for an exam in my life. Granted, learning about the artists and such was interesting, but it was such a hard class for an introductory 100 level art class. I got a B+... sad I know.

for the most part when you get into college it seems like the filler classes don't have any bearing on anything. You just pay for them, and its not like someone's who's hiring you is gonna say, so, I see you took herbology 101, i like to see that in my employee's, when you're applying for a job at apple...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom