Router blinks like crazy and internet lag's hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Org

In Runtime
It's not a virus on my computers!

My internet at times (mainly 6pm-11pm) gets choppy (+6-30% packet loss and pings 5-20x the normal dl/ul speed is effected aswell) and the router network usage blinks like crazy and can last for hours.

I know it's not a virus b/c I can unplug all my computers ether wires (and disable wifi) and it still blinks like crazy. So I think something is pinging the **** out of me?

I use a Rosewell RNX-GX4 router (2x computers and a newtendo wii (wifi)) and then a Zconmax CPE-250Hp high power+ Station adapter/router (given/setup by WISP).

I can't seem to access the Zconmax. I can by-pass the Rosewell and get to the Zconmax log-in but none of the common/default passwords work. BTW tried just using the Zconmax (removed Rosewell ) issue remains.

what do? WISP is aware of the connection issue (seems to be effecting others aswell) but has failed to do anything in the 60+ days.

have you tried another router to see if it's the connection? have you also tried upgrading the firmware?

it's not my router (Rosewell) b/c I can remove it and still has the connection issue.

Issue has been happening for a while (nearly a year) I just contacted WISP about it 60+ days ago b/c it seemed to be getting worst.

Considering 6pm-11pm is generally considered a peak usage time for internet, and I'm assuming you're on cable internet, you're going to experience network slowdowns and possible timeouts on account of all the traffic.

Change the settings in the router itself to see if it makes a difference for anyone attempting to ping your router.

The routers (Rosewell) lan IP is 192.168.1.1 (default) I'll try an different one tonight when it act's up but I can't access the Zconmax (wisp radio/router) due to unknown password (not the default or a common one) and I think that's the one being pinged :/ .

Tried a few different lan IP's on the Rosewell router still geting choppy internet and usage blinks.

Is it the light on the router or the light on the modem that's blinking actively?

The Rosewell router is blinking.

Don't really have a modem but I'm sure the Zconmax CPE (radio/antenna) is blinking aswell it's hard to reach so haven't checked yet.

According to routers (rosewell) Statistice info it's there is huge differences in WAN and LAN packets sent/received.

http://s7.postimage.org/d49lwg94p/Untitled.png

35,00sent/219,000received packets missing in just 2 hours of (very light) use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom