Rollerblades ... fun stuff, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vormund

Daemon Poster
I had fun with 'em a good five years back...then outgrew them, moved further out of town with nothing but the "bumpy" streets...nonetheless I want to buy a pair now, to have some fun! :cool:

Anyhow, my last pair was from Walmart (yay!) and I know near nothing about them...I changed the wheels a couple times...but now, I go to the sporting stores they all seem to be in the 50-200 range, with no big differences that I could tell...even the store salesman. :p

So...any ideas/suggestions on a good pair? Now that my fit don't grow an inch per day, I want a pair that'll last. :D

Thanks...

bobojuice said:
You plan on doing aggressive inline skating?
I wouldn't say aggressive...although "grinding" down stairs/poles etc. looks fun, I don't think I have the coordination...yet...:eek: All for fun anyway, but I guess if they're made for abuse, they'd probably last longer for "regular" use? :)

Well, aggressive inline skates are tougher, however they tend to have smaller wheels. Smaller wheels = going slower. If you plan on using them for strictly recreational use, you'd find this EXTREMELY hindering. I used to rollerblade when i was about 17 and before i got smart and started skateboarding. I remember having to skate my *** off just to keep up with people who had regular inline skates. If youre going for something comfy i'd probably go with a K2, they usually make some comfortable stuff, and even though i dont know much about skating anymore, i know the Rollerblade TRS skates provide an excellent budget aggressive skate.

http://www.skates.com/ has a selection you can check out. I'd really recommend shopping around and seeing what fits your budget as well as taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom