Quick Overview of Firefox Startup Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Quick Overview of Firefox Startup Options

Most Firefox users know that they can start Firefox so that it automatically displays one website which is also known as the homepage. Readers of my blog also know that it is possible to load multiple homepages by separating every website with the | char. To load Ghacks and Google whenever Firefox starts users would add the line http://www.ghacks.net/ | Google to the Home Page option in Firefox.
Far more interesting than this well known feature is another option that is quite hidden in the same menu. Let me first explain how you open it. The Firefox options open in a new window and are located in the Tools > Options menu. The Main tab of those options define the Startup options which includes setting the homepage.
It is furthermore possible to configure Firefox to open the tabs and windows from the last Firefox session.

As you can see that option can be configured in the same menu. It does come in handy if you regularly continue your work from the last session and do not want to open the websites over and over again. I think that's a pretty interesting option that gets overlooked quite often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom