Quad core games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
all games are, the amount of CPU the game uses depends on how demanding the gane is

The only game that will be quad-threaded, as far as I know, is Alan Wake. I`d imagine possibly Crysis as well. But not all games, as nick mentioned are quad-threaded, even some modern games can`t take advantage of a second core yet...

All games can run "quad thread" the thread is just something the game is doing, the graphics, the sound, the ai, and the movement of your characters each require some threads. If you wanna see how many threads are going then go to performance under task manager on xp and see how many are running, on this student system, there are 367 threads. And it is constantly changing depending on what is going on on the system.

I was playing bioshock earlier, and i figured i'd pop up the task manager. The game might be be optimized for multicores, but it sure does take advantage of multiple cores. Running the game in my main window and task manager in my 2nd window (dual monitors) it tends to use about 25% of all 4 cores. So yes, a quad core cpu does in fact work better than a dual core.

Alane Wake and Crysis are going to be optimized for quad cores, that's all I'm aware of.

I think I've also heard Unreal Tourny 3 is as well, but I can't remember where I read that, could of just been a rumour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom