Programming for beginners

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're looking into being programming you want to read a few books on evolution lol.

Otherwise that's a good start. Just remember not to stick with VB to the end. Expand your knowledge once you have the basics down.

VB isn't a terrible place to start, but it really won't help overly much. If you really want to get into programming, might want to start with C. Sure it's a lot harder to understand then VB, but if you can figure out C to start, you can pick up almost any language afterward.

VB isn't a terrible place to start, but it really won't help overly much. If you really want to get into programming, might want to start with C. Sure it's a lot harder to understand then VB, but if you can figure out C to start, you can pick up almost any language afterward.

Agreed with this. C/C++ are a little bit more difficult to get started with, but once you get the hang of them, it should be fairly easy to switch to a different language when you're ready.

I've tried a ton of languages and I think Java is a great place to start if you want a modern language that you could apply to college courses if you desire. I started with vb6 in middle school as a class they taught, but after that I needed more and wished later that I started with an object oriented introduction to programming. Also, Android apps and games are programmed in Java. just sayin ;) if it looks hard, I'd give python a go. its pretty powerful. :) good luck!

I started with Java, and am kind of learning C++, but I think if you want usefulness object oriented is really the place to start. I think its easier to go back and learn the older languages once you have a basis for how the upper level languages work.
So I guess I'd recommend C++/Java/Python

Hmmm...I recommend going into more modern languages like Java. If you're planning to create aps and programs for the modern world, the older languages wouldn't be much efficient. You need to catch up with the trend, and Java is the trendiest.

Although it is one of the most difficult to master, there are plenty of sources online for you to learn. It's a fun language, and it just got more fun after the release of Java SE 7 just this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom