Programming for beginners

Status
Not open for further replies.
it may seem weird but i would recommend autohotkey to get into programming, it's fairly simple with good documentation and fast pleasing results. i was making useful programs within minutes, this will give you a good platform to move on from

I'd say that it depends.

1) If you want just to try programming, make applications, make practical things, and after some time, to be able to do commercial software, then I would recommend C#!. Is by far the most documented, easy to understand, practical, COMPLETE language. And visual studio is BY FAR the best programming environment out there. It's very easy to learn, and you can make your first game in a matter of days. The library collection is freakin' huge! You can find a class in C# for absolutely everything! I made 3D applications in c#, as well as database, and console applications and so on. It's pure muscle.

2) If you want to be a pro programmer. Then c++. Working in c# is 10 times more satisfactory than in c++, but c# is the wise turtle and c++ is the fast rabbit. You can't make simple calculation executable applications in c#. Everyone has it's project, and the best of all , c++ works on ANYTHING.

Just a note on an IDE for C#.

If you can't get a copy of Visual Studio, or want to develop commercial apps legally (Visual Studio you have to buy a license for selling your programs), then I would recommend SharpDevelop: SharpDevelop @ic#code

It's open source, and allows commercial development, as long as you don't use their proprietary libraries (specific libraries that you have to specifically include for certain tasks).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom