Portscanning and IP Tracing (not a hacking thread)

Seeing as how, once again, no one ever replies in the Security/Hacking thread, I thought I'd post it here, where my thread can actually be viewed. So anywho, here it goes...

I was wondering, how can someone infiltrate my network and obtain my true IP? Because I have a port scanner called, Advanced Port Scanner. It works quite well to scan my ports and it shows me how many, as well as what type, of port is open. So I'm curious, how can I block ALL ports from viewing, even those on my own network? As well as how can I keep someone from obtaining my true IP, because every single computer on a network starts with an IP which starts with 192.168, which that signifies what kind of IP it is. So the question is, can I get a program, or manually set my TCP/IP to somethign completely off from what my actual IP is? Because I don't want anyone obtaining my true IP.

Also, I was also wondering. What is TelNet? I know it's like a hackers/crackers dream tool. So is there a way I can completely shutoff the Telnet service, or if someone was to telnet into my PC, is there a way that if a forgien person got access to my PC via telnet, can I send them some sort of warning, and shoudl they excedd the warning a virus or a call to police via a PC call?

I can answer the first one: That's why they have Firewalls and auto refreshing IPs after a while

There is this marvelous tool on the web where you can enter in keywords or phrases. And it will give you millions and millions of websites that match your keyword or phrase. What was it called???? Oh yeah.... Google!

(tel´net) (n.) A terminal emulation program for TCP/IP networks such as the Internet. The Telnet program runs on your computer and connects your PC to a server on the network. You can then enter commands through the Telnet program and they will be executed as if you were entering them directly on the server console. This enables you to control the server and communicate with other servers on the network. To start a Telnet session, you must log in to a server by entering a valid username and password. Telnet is a common way to remotely control Web servers.

Back
Top Bottom