Pontiac Sunfire (Repair Log)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless it's the GT I doubt it has the 2.4. The Sunfire's are kinda like the Cavi's as you needed the high up models (Z24) to get the bigger engine. Plus it would look different.

Unless it's the GT I doubt it has the 2.4. The Sunfire's are kinda like the Cavi's as you needed the high up models (Z24) to get the bigger engine. Plus it would look different.
Ya no doubt mine is the 2.2I don't think he was claiming otherwise? o_O The 4 doors for the Sunfire got the 2.4 for the most part unless it was a GT like you said.

I hope so Fat. Clown. But if worse comes to worse I may just get something else. This car has been good to me until now.

I thought it was the 2.4l, but I remembered GM using a 2.2 in some of their cars. Abstract, I think my book covers your engine/year. If I have it, I can post up the PDF version sometime in the next week.

IF you do that would be awesome. No pressure though.

I haven't gotten anything done yet except getting the starter off next we got to drop the AC compressor and the lower passenger side engine mount/bracket.

Remember to support your engine from the bottom using a jack, and a large sheet of wood under the oil pan, above the jack or you can kiss the pan goodbye.

Well the positive is that we won't need to thanks to the mount setup the engine has. It'll be supported temporarily by the top mount till the pan is off..

Besides it'd be an odd thing to support the engine by the pan when we're removing the mount to get the pan off. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom