Please Wait........

That is the message I get after the Windows loading screen disappears and before the log on screen appears. I don't know what's causing it. I think it might have to do with the recent program I installed which I will not name for certain purposes, you can PM me. But yeah, after I installed this program this process, by the name of svchosts, showed up. Note that the process names is svchosts with an s at then end and no captial letters. Help me please. I'm about to uninstall the program.

Edit: It did not solve the problem. Is there a way I can trace the program that's causing this process?

Captain Pooka

Daemon Poster
What color is the background when you get the please wait? Blue or Black.. could be a couple of different things..

Also, does it let you proceed to log on? I'm assuming so..

It's blue. It goes like "Please wait...." the dots fill up more than 5 lives. And yes it does proceed to the log on screen.

A True Folder

Fully Optimized
check your startup programmes to see what is loading

Start > Run > msconfig > startup tab

Uncheck anything that doesn't need to start at boot.

There's also this "csrss". Does anybody have any information on this?

edit: Please ignore this post. I have been to quick to come to CF. Googled it and it's just something windows has..Graphical stuff. Sorry.
edit2: Oh god. svchosts is a trojan...
edit3: I'm kind of worried now...could this trojan have accessed my Dad's laptop through the network?