persistent cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdave1984

Repeat Offender
After clearing cookies, temp files, cleared auto complete, etc, I have a webpage that still insists on entering a username and password automatically when I go to the page. This is IE 6 here folks. I can open it fine with Firefox, but the corporate clowns get all cranky about the use of Firefox.

Okay i dont get it. What is the issue? You dont ask a question or give what the problem is???

Is it that it asks for a user name and pass and it shouldnt be? Or that it isnt saving the user name and pass?

Need some input.

The problem is, when I go to the page, it puts the username and password in the fields when it shouldn't. This would be fine IF they were the correct username/password. I figured deleting cookies and clearing form data would take care of it. Didn't work. And if I hit the stop button, it stops trying to authenticate and I can enter the correct info, but it doesn't give me the option to remember nor does it keep the new data. I went in and made sure the box was checked to ask, but it doesn't ask.

Go under Tools>Internet Options. There select the Content Tab. From there you will see the Auto Complete section. Clear that information and see if that does the trick.

I tried that already. No dice. The only thing I can figure is it has something stored on the server side.

Could be caching your IP.
You running a static IP / work connection?

Tkey

Could be caching your IP.
You running a static IP / work connection?

Tkey

Yes on both. I am guessing that's the case and I am just going to have to deal with it or go against corporate standards and use Firefox. (Which 90% of them use anyway but they get all ****y when we use it)

Humm, probberly a proxy that cache's all you guys stuff on the way out. If it's a legit site and you have tech support see if they can clear the cache for you.
Or just wait it out, these things get refereshed now and again...
Also they don't like you using firefox becuase they can't define rules for internal servers (e.g proxys, exchange etc)

Cheers,

Tkey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom