Outlook - Error code 0x800CCC0f when sending, only affecting one e-mail address

mathias1979

Solid State Member
So I have my own domain setup (through GoDaddy)...and last night I was attempting to send an e-mail to a client in Outlook (2010) and got the dreaded error code

(0x800CCC0f): The connection to the server was interuppted.

I had sent an e-mail to the same client just 15 minutes prior with no problem. Went and did some additional work in a few other programs, then the error occurred when I went back to send another e-mail and it has not resolved itself since.

What's strange, is that while I'm not only able to receive e-mail from this client...but I am having no problem sending to any other e-mail address. It only appears to affect this one client.

Googling reveals that it seems to be a somewhat common problem, but most solutions seem to address the issue if it is affecting all incoming/outgoing traffic...not a single e-mail address. Plus, there's so many suggested solutions, I don't know where to begin. I'm not terribly tech savy and a lot of it is over my head.

Can anyone offer some suggestions on where to begin?

0x800CCC0f errors usually mean there is something wrong with the anti-virus software that is scanning the email. Perhaps it is disabled, or maybe you can disable it to test and see if it now sends.

Basically this error means that it can't send because something is dropping its connection, which could be anti-virus, a firewall, or a problem on your internet connection.

Have you tried sending the email through the webclient?

Yes...no problems there. Also was able to send through my iPhone. Seems to strictly be an Outlook issue.

0x800CCC0f errors usually mean there is something wrong with the anti-virus software that is scanning the email. Perhaps it is disabled, or maybe you can disable it to test and see if it now sends.

Basically this error means that it can't send because something is dropping its connection, which could be anti-virus, a firewall, or a problem on your internet connection.

If that was the case...wouldn't it be affecting all outgoing messages...not just to a single e-mail address?

Just finished running various malware scans...SAS, Malwarebytes, and Spybot in the off chance it was malware related as some Google search results recommended. Would next step be deleting my user profile and recreating? Can anyone point me to instructions for doing so if that's the next step?

Well first you could create a new user account on your machine and test it there. If it works on the new account, then copy over all your data from your old account, and delete the old account.

Back
Top Bottom