Our default router name is showing up in Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

preeminent

Beta member
Hi all!
I just set up my desktop and laptop on a network with cable internet and dynex wireless router. Everything worked out perfect and internet works on both machines, but when we check the network with the laptop it still shows our default "DYNEX" router on the network even though we set up a new name and password which obviously is something other than "DYNEX". The new name shows up in the network and that is what we use to connect with the laptop. We can also connect with "DYNEX" which means is not protected and obviously is open for anyone to use. I hope I explained this well enough. Please let me know if you need anything else to better understand. Thanks!

It shows up as "DYNEX" unsecured network along with our new Network name that we chose and both can be used to connect.

even though we set up a new name and password which obviously is something other than "DYNEX".

you could be confusing the username and password with network ssid and wep/wpa key

how did you set the user & password?

do you see the name of the new network you created when you open veiw wireless networks?

Thanks for the reply! I'm not sure what the deal is. Yeah I am referring to the wep key. The new wep key name that we made was showing up along with default dynex. The next day it was still there but it said secured. And as of now, it is gone. odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom